Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Table into iam without iAssembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ad64
393 Views, 4 Replies

Insert Table into iam without iAssembly

Is there any way to insert a generic table into an assembly file. I don't want to create an iAssembly or use the data to configure the component in any way. I would just like to be able to maintain some design related information within the assembly file, similar to the tables that you can create in an idw. A table just like the iAssembly table would be fine, minus the iAssembly part or any sense of configuration.

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ad64

I don't think it's possible to have a table floating like in a drawing file. However it is possible to insert an excel table into an assembly file using engineers notebook.

right-click the assembly > create note > insert object > excel spreadsheet

help excel 1.JPG

This will embed a table like this one ^ inside the assembly file

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

another possible solution

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3adesignnot...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
ad64
in reply to: Anonymous

I was hoping to be able access the values on this table through iLogic so it would need to be more than just merely cosmetic.

Steve

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: ad64

@ad64 wrote:

I was hoping to be able access the values on this table through iLogic so it would need to be more than just merely cosmetic.

Steve

Have you given us all the details now? Be specific with exactly what you are trying to do..

I don't like being spoon fed information.. 

I think what you really want is to use the "parameters" dialog (the fx button) in Inventor.. That way you can reference that in dimensions,etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report