Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible mesh...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
512 Views, 5 Replies

Impossible mesh...

I’m starting to get worried, seriously.
Will Algor do it? Will I be able to get that mesh into Inventor?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
henderh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ruben,

I've confirmed the issue and sent it on to Development as 1389460.  They have determined the cause of the problem and looking for a solution.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 6
blair

I'll give it a quick try, but I am guessing part of the problem is with the small holes at the large end of your beam. This can be a problem if the holes end with a drill-point end. The mesh feature required to deal with this small point is enough to through the mesh engine a curve it can't handle.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The problem is in the small holes wich are tinny in comparison to the whole part. I'm trying every mesh setting possible, I guess it needs a very small "Minimum Element Size" and a huge "Average Element Size".

Message 5 of 6
henderh

Hi Rubenfreire,

You are right about the root cause of the meshing issue is that the hole diameter is very small compared to the length of the part.

I have a workaround for you to get it to mesh (attached assembly):

1)  Create workplanes for tool geometry, so that you can chunk this part into segments (I used a midplane workplane for each rib)

2)  Use Split feature, split body option => This will create a separate body for each segment using the workplanes

3)  Create an assembly of the segments => Easy way is "Make Components" (Manage tab => Layout panel)

4)  When the assembly is meshed, Bonded contacts will be made automatically between the segments.  The results should be equivalent to the single part

Hope this helps...

Thanks, -Hugh

Concrete_10076_as_assembly_mesh.png

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: henderh

It's one option I had considered, but I was wondering if the results would actually be the same.
I'll do a quick test with a smaller model to check results, and then send this file to my client to see if he accepts.

Thank you very much.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report