Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
MechEng_1
Message 11 of 15 (529 Views)

Re: Import STYXML files to Inventor 2013 materials library

01-11-2013 12:54 AM in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I have attached a few screenshots showing my workflow. I opened the one part file and carried all steps out within that one file.

The other thing i have noticed that if i pick the colour from the drop down box at the top, the colour is very bright with no shadows etc. I saw above that you need to change the diffuse values to 0,0,1 but they are already set at that.

Thanks again,

Mike

Employee
ChrisMitchell01
Message 12 of 15 (514 Views)

01-11-2013 03:06 PM in reply to: MechEng_1

Hi Mike,

You're doing the right things there; I don't know what's going wrong though - I just imported the same styxml file attached here to a new part file - see attached.

If you open this file do you see the RAL appearances on both the drop down & in the appearance browser ?

I'm using 2013 SP1.1 update1.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Engagement Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
MechEng_1
Message 13 of 15 (490 Views)

01-14-2013 12:32 AM in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hi Chris,

I tried saving your file and opening it and i had exactly the same problem, it shows in the dropdown but not in the appearance browser. This is driving me crazy!!

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Active Contributor
MechEng_1
Message 14 of 15 (486 Views)

01-14-2013 02:18 AM in reply to: MechEng_1

Chris,

Thanks again, i think i may have solved it. I noticed that i had the design data folder referencing a folder within my project instead of the default location. Once i had changed that back to the default it seems to have fixed itself. the ral colours now appear in the top section of the appearance browser.

Mike

Employee
ChrisMitchell01
Message 15 of 15 (471 Views)

01-14-2013 04:44 PM in reply to: MechEng_1

Ok Thanks for confirming, Mike.

I suspect that the Design Data folder you were previously pointing to didn't have a complete set of files in it if it was from a prior release.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Engagement Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube