Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import .SAT file into Inventor Pro 2010

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ibaustin
9851 Views, 4 Replies

Import .SAT file into Inventor Pro 2010

I'm still stumbling my way around inventor and I would like to import some files I found on the internet of solid 3D models. They are .sat files but I don't know how to import them and use them in inventor. For some reason I also can't find any information online how to do this. I'm the only person at my company that even knows how to use this program and that's cause I was their CAD tech and got throw into it. If both programs are made by autodesk they must be the same, right? Smiley Tongue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: ibaustin

Inventor has a large number of import formats and SAT is one of them. Please see attached image. So you just need to start Open command and select from the list SAT format. Then you should be able to import the files in Inventor and to add features on the models.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 5
ibaustin
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

When I do that it say s the sat file is not valid for placement in an assembly. "Nothing to be read. See import optioins dialog settings."

Message 4 of 5
ibaustin

I didn't have the right settings selected in the options box when selecting it. I needed to have solids selected under entity type. Everything works now. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Daniela_Koloszko

Yes, I was about to ask you if you have selected the correct option during the import. The current behavior is if a model doesn't contain any objects, the report shows "Nothing to be Read. See Import Options Dialog Settings" . If the user checked off all type of entities in the import options, he will get this message.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report