Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import DWG preview

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aguitton116
889 Views, 4 Replies

Import DWG preview

Hello,

something is driving me crazy with DWG import in Inventor. When I first install Inventor, everything works fine, I can preview the DWG when I import it, choose layers and so on.

Then with time, this preview doesn't work and I don't know why nor how to fix this.

I had the problem with 2012, 2013 and now 2014.

I installed Inventor from the factory design suite advanced (ultimate) and it worked at the beginning. Now I installed SP1 for Inventor and it doesn't work anymore (I'm not a 100% sure that it's related but it's the latest modification I did).

Now I'm trying to fix this. I uninstalled DWG TrueView 2014 and reinstalled it from the downloaded version (autodesk site). It doesn't work.

I uninstalled vault pro 2014 SP1, then trueview, the design review, reboot, install back vault pro client 2014 then its SP1... still not better, the import window preview is still empty and not showing layers.

As I said it's not the 1st time and it happened on previous versions as well. Is there a solution without uninstalling Inventor ? Anyway I'm afraid that If I uninstall Inventor to install it back, I will encounter the same problem as soon as I will install SP1.

DWG TrueView by itself works fine, I can open my drawings (even Inventor DWG), Autocad Mechanical works fine, everything looks OK but this import thing.

Does anyone have an idea ? I saw some topics on the forum about that but no real solution.

To be complete, here what I have installed from autodesk (and i installed it successively) :

Inventor Pro / MDT / DWG Trueview / AOEM View 2009

Inventor Pro / DWG Trueview 2012

Inventor Pro / ACAD Mecha / Navisworks Manage / DWG Trueview / vault pro client 2013 (FDS)

FDS Ultimate / Vault Pro (server and client) 2014

I just tried in 2009 and 2013 and the import works. Now in Inventor 2014  it tells me that the DWG was created by a more recent version of DWG Trueview and that I can't import it.

In the registry editor, the Inventor current version is still 2009 (it should be 2014). I'll reboot my computer and see if it's better.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aguitton116
in reply to: aguitton116

Reboot done...

It keeps saying that the DWG is too recent because it want to use DWG TreuView 2009 (even in INventor 2013 now).

I deleted the Inventor\Current Version key in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE but I still have the problem.

I'm going to uninstall DWG Trueview 2009 an AOEM View 2009 (because I see a lot of AOEM View 2009 keys in the registry, even in recent inventor versions keys.

Message 3 of 5
aguitton116

After uninstalling AOEM View 2009 I don't have the error message anymore but my preview window is still empty. I'll try to repair DW TrueView 2014 before uninstalling 2009 version.

Message 4 of 5
aguitton116

2009 version uninstalled (only DWG Trueview). Not better. Going to uninstall other old versions.

Message 5 of 5
aguitton116

I also removed another key in the registry :

Local machine/software/autodesk/OAEMView/R19.0

Then I uninstalled DWG Trueview 2012.

I tried again and had an error (missing dll or something like that) while trying to import DWG in Inventor 2014. So I uninstalled DWG Trueview 2014, clean up my registry with ccleaner, then reinstalled DWG Trueview 2014 from the downloaded file.

I opened a DWG in TrueView 2014, and also tried the "convert dwg" function.

Then I launched Inventor 2014 and imported a DWG and miracle it works ! I can see my layers and select geometries I want to import ! It still works in 2013 as I didn't uninstall Trueview 2013 🙂

I'm not sure which action did the trick but at least it works ! I suppose it's the convert DWG thing but i'm not sure at all. Anyway I solved it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report