Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import 3dxml to Inventor and export Inventor file to obj format?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lis_wang
16439 Views, 5 Replies

Import 3dxml to Inventor and export Inventor file to obj format?

Dear Sir

How can I import 3dxml file into Inventor format and how to export Inventor file to obj format?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: lis_wang

Hi lis_wang,

Thanks for the posting!

Inventor translator cannot import 3dxml file format directly and also cannot export to obj file directly too, but it's a good customer requirement for us.

A workaround is to use other CAD software as a transform, for example, use CATIA to read 3dxml model -> save it as CATIA format or export it to igs -> open it in Inventor. for .obj case, open inventor file in inventor -> export it to iges/step -> open it in Rhino -> export it to .obj format. 

The shortcoming of this workaround is it is depended on license of CATIA and Rhino software but currently it is a limitation for Inventor translator to import .3dxml and export .obj directly.

We will record your requirement as a wish and estimate it in future.

Thanks,

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 6
honng
in reply to: lis_wang

For information, there are two tools (3DConverter / 3D Exporter) on Autodesk Exchange can be used to export to .OBJ format.

Message 4 of 6
lis_wang
in reply to: honng

Thanks. I got it.

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I am CATIA user. I have file from format .3dxml and .obj. Is there any catia tools that I can convert its to step or igs file? Appreciate if you can give me the way how to convert its. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 6

Hi! This is Autodesk Inventor forum. I am sure there are Catia experts here. You may have better luck googling the terms or asking Catia forum.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums