Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ifeatures and hole options.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
149 Views, 1 Reply

Ifeatures and hole options.

Ifeatures now support hole notes. Excellent... Then it's time to make ifeatures.

Which is working great but I can't figure out how to change hole sizes within a hole family.

Example has one 3/8 tap created from custom hole table in threads.xls. Want option for 5-16 tap from same table. Threads.xls is loaded. I've read the threads tab help. Tried all the combinations of including parameters, except the correct one. Got pic of ifeature table and thread.xls. Any modification and ifeature produces a large hole shown in pic. It's like it takes first number of designation and makes that hole diameter.

Please help. These Ifeatures are looking super.

Test hole.ipt is original ifeature was extracted from.
Test hole.ide is extracted ifeature
Test hole modified.ide is attempt to have 2 tap sizes.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

found the problem.
when creating my custom thread tables I put fraction in the size column instead of decimals. thought it would be easier to read and did not cause a problem... till it got to ifeatures. obviously it's stopping eval when it hits the /. that's why 5/16 tap was drawing a 5" hole. I hate fractions.

Now i'm pleading for advice on how to update parts to current thread.xls.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report