Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
tdswanson
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

IV2013 SP1 Forgetting Keyboard Customizations

105 Views, 1 Replies
01-14-2013 07:23 AM

So this happened to me the other day.  I'm trucking right along, doing the do like normal and then I notice a bunch of my keyboard commands no longer work.  Not ALL of them.  Some of them stayed. 

At first I'm thinking that it's no big deal.  I've exported my Customizations to an XML file and I can just re-import them., right?

So I did that.  And yes, what I had saved in that file came back in.  However, *SOME* defaults were returned at some point, so I still had to go line by line and scrub some things out to make them work.  For example, I use "D" for general dimension in the drawing environment.  But if the default setup had "DV" for detail view, "D" doesn't help because it's now an ambiguous entry.  What a pain.

1.  This is crazy that this happens.  Seems like it's not a new thing either.  What's the deal with elimination of this bug?

2.  Is there a way to wipe all the keyboard commands prior to importing my own XML file so I don't have to manually scrub out other stuff?

Thanks!

Inventor 2014 64-bit SP1
Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1
Mentor
RobJV
Message 2 of 2 (85 Views)

Re: IV2013 SP1 Forgetting Keyboard Customizations

01-14-2013 01:48 PM in reply to: tdswanson

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2013-Pro-Keyboard-Customize/td-p/3749628

Similar problem here.  Also - do you have this turned on: "Use default multi-character Command Aliases" in your customize menu.

Rob

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube