Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2010 Content Centre Material change

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
AWBoluijt
764 Views, 10 Replies

IV2010 Content Centre Material change

Hi,

We have a problem with the content center,
We use from the DIN database several parts, for example din127
In our database I add a column title to generate for partlist.
Then we change the material. 0 to 10 to RVS and above to THVZ.
Etch material have its own color. We use this system for years.

Now in Inventor 2010, we have a problem.
When we add a content part. bv DIN 127 A8
The material is not change in the IPT of the generate part. The title is successful add to the file!
And a this string a peers in the BOM list.
BgEBAEIAAABOAEEATQBFAFMACgBNAGEAdABlAHIAaQBhAGwAcwAKAFQASABWAFoACgAxADoAVABIAFYAWgAKAEUATgBEAAoAAAA=

For some reason, the material is not change? How can i do it?
I don't wanna use the new material system (whitch even not change the material in the file)
I want the inventor user to force the material use.

Edited by: Boluyt on Jun 8, 2009 1:10 PM
I have now create a part from CC with the "use Style Library" on NO.
Then there is only one material in the IPT. Steel,mild.
I have all the custom materials cache in our Standaard.ipt and iam.
Are the CC parts created form a different IPT or generated form xlm?

Best regards,
André
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hallo André,
If I understand you well, you have your own library containing parts copied from Inventor standard DIN library, right?
Then you went to the Content Center and changed material of this family there. If this family is instanced later, material change is not applied?

I am not quite sure what you mean by "n our database I add a column title to generate for partlist"

Best Regards
Vita
Message 3 of 11
AWBoluijt
in reply to: AWBoluijt

Yes, we copied the DIN to our own library. And in the library I have an extra column title added, for partlist and BOMB to produce. (see attachment).
> {quote:title=Vit_Zenisek_Autodesk wrote:}{quote}
> Then you went to the Content Center and changed material of this family there. If this family is instanced later, material change is not applied?
Yes indeed, then the materials modification are not applied.
Message 4 of 11

Ok. Would you mind to post picture of CC editor focused on the problematic family and your special column?

Do you think it would be possible to get get library from you containing example (copy of one problematic part), so that I could look at it?

Vita
Message 5 of 11
AWBoluijt

Hi Vita
> {quote:title=Vit_Zenisek_Autodesk wrote:}{quote}
> Ok. Would you mind to post picture of CC editor focused on the problematic family and your special column?
See attachment
> Do you think it would be possible to get get library from you containing example (copy of one problematic part), so that I could look at it?
All the family give the same problem! Even when I created a new Library.
Yes just tell me how.

Greeting
Message 6 of 11

Thank you for the picture. It looks fine.

For creating example library, please follow these steps:
1) Create new empty library
2) Add this library to your configuration in the project
2) Run Copy To or Save As command on problematic family and put it into the new library.
3) Locate the library in the disk an attach it here (it should not be that big).

Vita
Message 7 of 11
AWBoluijt

I cant post the attachment it is too big 46MB zipped.
Message 8 of 11

Ok. Can you please contact me on vita dot zenisek at autodesk dot com ?
Thank you
Vita
Message 9 of 11
saainsworth

We have the same problem with our Content Center. We've had the problem since V11. I thought we had solved the problem by deleting and recreating a few problem materials. Recently I cleaned up our material library and renamed some materials using Inventor. Now all I can get out of CC is a mild steel part(the default in the template part).

If I use the material column in another column, like append it to the designation. I get the long string "BgEBA.........". That's no good.

Attached is a image showing the pull down for setting the material on a part. You can see the material name in the "Parameter Name" column but in the "Parameter Description" column there is the long string "BgEBA.........".

It looks like that column is corrupt and that is what is really used. I don't see this anywhere in our material.xml so I think it is happening when content center reads the material.xml

I'm not sure what to do because all of our material are now in upper case so none of the original materials are available to copy from.

Help from to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Running Inventor 2009 sp2

Scott A
Message 10 of 11
saainsworth

Also posting a copy of our material library
Message 11 of 11
saainsworth

I just wanted to post results back to the discussion group on this issue. Vita Zenisek has been working with us to resolve the issue. With much effort he found a corruption in our materials.xml files. He has fixed the files and gotten us up and running. Vita and autodesk deserve much praise for the way they support their products.

I work for a consulting engineering company and we work with many different software packages, as demanded by our clients. It is rare to find a company with people that support and respond to their users like the folks at Autodesk. Vita has worked hard and solved and issue that most companies would have walked away from.

Several years ago I was involved in making a recommendation to our company that Inventor be used as our default machine design package. Inventor is now used whenever our client does not demand something else. This kind of support continues to reassure me the we made the right choice.

Scott Ainsworth

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report