Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2010 Can't edit Field Text in Title block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RTurnbull79
2775 Views, 5 Replies

IV2010 Can't edit Field Text in Title block

I'm having a hard time here.

I'm working in a drawing and I've inserted a title block and now, if I expand the title block in the browser and right click on the 'Field Text' text and choose 'Edit Field Text ...' Inventor seems to lock up. I can hit enter a few times and everything comes back. It 'feels' like the editor is working, but not appearing for me. I've closed all other windows to see if I'm missing something, but no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: RTurnbull79

Have you restarted your computer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
RTurnbull79

Yes, but it makes no difference.
Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Could you post the template here or send it to me?
Thanks!

johnson.shiue@autodesk.com

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
scottmoyse

Try Alt + Spacebar then type M and use the arrow keys to move the dialogue box back onto your screen.

In the future a tell tale sign for this is the symptom you describe and while the dialogue box is active but not visible, when you click on the screen with the mouse you get the default 'bong' sound generated by windows.

I suspect this is your problem.

For some reason this seems to be a common occurence with Inventor. Its happened to myself and my colleagues several times over the years. Edited by: scottmoyse on Sep 16, 2009 8:53 PM

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 6
RTurnbull79

Thanks Scott, that was exactly the problem. The box was right off the side of the monitor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report