Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV10 BOM MERGE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
143 Views, 3 Replies

IV10 BOM MERGE

Has anyone had any problems merging items in the BOM with IV10?

Is there a process different from that of R9?

I would like to have 2 items that are assigned the same item number. These items have identical weights - one was derived from another.

I can't get the BOM to show it this way. It was no problem in previous releases.

I've attached a .jpeg. The merged columns are highlighted in cyan and are uneditable. Is this supposed to happen? If so, what is the reason for not being able to edit the descriptions etc. of merged items?

And why does it use item numbers twice. There seems to be no benefit of having several items numbered the same.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was also wondering if anyone knows of a piece of literature summarizing the differences between R9 and R10?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Help pulldown, What's new

Dave

wrote in message news:4832537@discussion.autodesk.com...
I was also wondering if anyone knows of a piece of literature summarizing
the differences between R9 and R10?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Should've know not to ask that one...... Any good reference material on IV itself. I'd like to purchase a (relatively new) decent book.

Apparently no one else is having any problems with merging or grouping parts within the BOM in IVR10. I Must be missing something completely obvious.?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report