Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
albert
Message 1 of 4 (101 Views)
Accepted Solution

IV 2012 SP1 Assembly with no component visiblity

101 Views, 3 Replies
01-13-2012 08:02 AM

I have an assembly that has been working fine until now but now I can see all the components in the browser but none in the graphic window.

I have tried isolating a component and zooming all with no luck and the strange thing is that I have no option to "find in window" in this assembly. I can also copy a component from this assembly and place it in a new one with no problems.

I have also tried to copy a component from the browser and then paste it back in to the same assembly and it shows up in the browser as a new instance but no joy showing up in the graphic window.

Finally I tried a pack and go on this assembly and all went well with all the files copied but this newly packed assembly acts the same way.

This has happened twice now on two different computers so I am getting a little concerned, I do have the packed and zipped database for Autodesk to take a look at but it' 150 MB.

any thoughts on what could have gone wrong?

Active Contributor
albert
Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)

Re: Assembly with no component visiblity

01-13-2012 08:03 AM in reply to: albert

Sorry, I am running Inventor 2012 SP 1 and win 7

Employee
johnsonshiue
Message 3 of 4 (74 Views)

Re: IV 2012 SP1 Assembly with no component visiblity

01-13-2012 02:04 PM in reply to: albert

Albert,

The behavior you are describing sounds like a corruption in graphics or something about showing the geometry. Could you try the simple test and see if it helps?

Open the assembly -> go to Design View -> Delete the Default Design View or activate Master Design View. Do you see the components now?

If not, please send me an email so I can set up a secure account for you to upload the files.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Principal SQA Engineer, Inventor
Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
albert
Message 4 of 4 (54 Views)

Re: IV 2012 SP1 Assembly with no component visiblity

01-16-2012 07:20 AM in reply to: johnsonshiue

That was it!   thanks Johnson!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube