Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPT to NC1 file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3961 Views, 2 Replies

IPT to NC1 file

Where I work we do a lot of plate and punch holes in beams for rebar.  Is there a way to pull the flat patteren layout of sheet metal and convert to an NC1 file.  I can export to a DXF but then i must manually go in and make changes to the DXF in order for it to cut right on our plasma and laser tables.  As far as punching holes and cutting beams any clues on this either?  We were outsourcing our drafting work before but now we are switching over to in house.  I have contacted our supplier of plate nesting software and it looks like they sell something but that means another liscence of it on another computer.  Any help would be greatly appericated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You would need 3rd party software such as Radan, Striker or MTC/Thermadyne software to create the NC1 file for your profile burning/cutting machine.

We use Radan here which does the nesting and tooling for the profile cutting and punching. Radan and a few others read native Inventor files which eliminates the need to DXF.

And yes it means another license.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for the help.  I was afraid that is what the anwser was going to be.  We are using Sigmanest.  and it to does read the native inventor files and materials.  Ive already contacted them for help and more in depth anwsers.  thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report