Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INV 2015 Anti-aliasing regression

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
mcgyvr
4879 Views, 13 Replies

INV 2015 Anti-aliasing regression

Anti-aliasing in INV 2015 is not what it was in 2014..

What happened? 

Both are set to "Quality" and "smoother" 

Is there some other setting I'm missing?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9726802/Autodesk/AA%202014.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9726802/Autodesk/AA%202015.PNG

Attach of the "saw-tooth"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: mcgyvr

Just wanted to update this..

I always have tools..application options..hardware tab set to "quality" and was having this poor A-A in 2015 only..

So Autodesk (Bob holland) gave me this tool called "Inventor Reset V1.1" that supposedly resets Inventor back to some magical state.

Running that caused Inventor 2014 to all of a sudden show the same "poor" A-A..

So I started playing around with tools..application options..hardware tab in 2015 again.. when I set it to "quality" and "software graphics" I noticed the A-A was back to "perfect" again.. aka..no more stair-stepping.. Then I simply set it back to just "quality" (no software graphics) and now its all perfect again..

So it anyone else comes across this "try" setting it to quality and software graphics and see if its better.. then try switching off software graphics.. If that doesn't fix it maybe open a case and see if you can get this magical "Inventor Reset V1.1" program and let it reset Inventor then try switching those settings and see if it gets better. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 3 of 14
eljoseppo

I was also scared by the default AA in Inventor but I was lookinkg in GPU settings. I changed few things and it got perfect. Here is my settings (K2000):

nVidia Quadro K2000 settings

Message 4 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: eljoseppo

Just installed 2016 and of course had the same problem with anti-aliasing not working correct even when it was set to Quality mode.

So...

I ran the Inventor Reset Utility again and then opened Inventor changed from performance to quality then restarted Inventor and all is fine again.. 

Message 5 of 14
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 6 of 14
cadumorete

What do you mean with A-A?
Message 7 of 14

I cannot find the download. That link says  is not online any more.

Anybody can help me?

Message 8 of 14
mdavis22569
in reply to: cadumorete

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Capture 2.JPG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
mcgyvr

@cadumorete wrote:
What do you mean with A-A?

Anti-aliasing..

Notice the 2 images I posted in my dropbox links..

Notice the "edge" quality.. One is more "jagged" than the other..

The one thats less "jagged" has better anti-aliasing so the line looks like 1 "straight" segment vs a "stair-step"

Message 10 of 14
eljoseppo

Anti Aliasing
Message 11 of 14
cadumorete
in reply to: mdavis22569

thanks a lot.

I don't know for you but this mini tutorial how to use a Inventor reset is a little confusion.

But I will try..

Message 12 of 14
mcgyvr

@cadumorete wrote:

thanks a lot.

I don't know for you but this mini tutorial how to use a Inventor reset is a little confusion.

But I will try..

Its not that hard..

backup your settings and run the utility.. simple as that..

Not sure why you are running it though.. are you having a-a "issues"..

Message 13 of 14
cadumorete

I have a PC with the following settings:

- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3

- Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30GHz 15MB

- Water Cooler CM Seidon 120M

- Memory 32GB DDR 2400MHz Kingston Fury (4x8)

- HD SSD 240GB Kingston V300

- HD 1Tera SATA3 Seagate 7200RPM

- Video card PCI-express 8GB PNY Nvidia Quadro M4000 256bit

I work with Autodesk Inventor 2015 every day. The choice to mount this new machine came through the need to use Inventor Studio (for video rendering tool and render images).

It turns out that I'm facing some problems.

• When I'm in in the assembly area, the image is a little bit jagged. But I'm using realistic picture on the tab view, the hardware is quality and display in smoother.
  • Inventor software crashes when I'm rendering an image of 1024 x 728 with 300dpi
  • The software also crashes when I will render a video of 20 seconds.

The video card software is already updated with the new version.

I need to know how can I configurate the video card and the Inventor setup to have a best performance.

Note: my last machine was a intel i3 2120 (16G ram) with a Geforce 9600 and was running better than now.

Message 14 of 14
cadumorete

I have that problem (picture) but I don't know what should I do to solve that.  Sorry is not in English.Pc.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report