Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSERT AUTOCAD BLOCK INTO INVENTOR HELP!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mbs100k
5545 Views, 6 Replies

INSERT AUTOCAD BLOCK INTO INVENTOR HELP!!!!!

For 3 days going thru utube, help files, forums etc.  I've been trying to get AutoCad borders to paste, insert, save into, block, dwg, dxf, dwt, ect, and anythign else I can find to get it to possibly go into Inventor. I mean really? it's that impossible to have two Autodesk products and they wont communicate some files? I could understand if this is the first year of Inventor, but by now it seems they would have run accross this a few hundred times.

So, PLEASE, someone please help with some working advise on how to make this happen. I've tried everything, and getting very frustrated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
swhite
in reply to: mbs100k

Go to open, select your file, select the options button at the bottom and select import. Follow the steps and select the layer your title block is on.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
Curtis_Waguespack

HI mbs100k,

I understand that you're frustrated, but you didn't give us much to go on, as far as helping you with your goal. You mention you tried several things but nothing worked.

Can you provide some example files so that we can look at the file inputs? Or maybe some screen shots, or at the very least a bit more detail on how it's not working?

If you can not provide details such as this, can you confirm that you've tried just copying and pasting from AutoCAD into Inventor?

Also, what version of Inventor are you using?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

Not sure if this will help you, but one thing you could do is call up your Autocad .dwg file into a session of Inventor, then do a file>save as copy amd change the file type to .idw

Then tweak it from there.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7

You can do this

Go in autocad, copy you block. Right click copy or ctrl C

Go in inventor, in your .idw, start a sketch, nowehere important

Paste, with right click or with ctrl V

Close sketch and now your sketch is your autocad block.

Message 6 of 7

Do you realize that this is a 6-1/2 year old thread you are responding to?  The OP probably is waaaay beyond this by now!!!  😄

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7

Yes i know it's a 6 years old thread but it's in the firsts thread supplyed by google for my interrogation.  And the solution i wrote worked for me, so I thoutght why not write it down so it could help someone helse having the same trouble. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report