Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN2014 crashing when opening Autocad dwg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ASCO-engineering
305 Views, 3 Replies

IN2014 crashing when opening Autocad dwg

we've just migrated to the 2014 release of the inventor suite and use vault basic. With the 2014 version of inventor the program immediately crashes when attempting to open an autocad dwg. Inventor dwg files open fine. We never experienced this issue in our previous release. We only use the dwg format and because the preview is not always available it often happens that we open an autocad dwg in inventor and vice versa. Crash is reproduced on multiple maches.

Any solutions?

Best regards,

Misha

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: ASCO-engineering

Misha,

What service pack are you running?  SP 1.0 is out and if you haven't loaded it, you should.

I wonder if this is somehow tied into your CC issue in the other thread.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4

Hi Misha,

Many thanks for you to report this issue to us! And I have tried it using import or Open option to load the ACAD DWG in R2014RTM, andit works fine. Maybe it is related to the dataset. So could you attach the dataset or send it to me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 4 of 4

Hii,

Inventor is up to date, the latest service pack was already installed. The crash happens regardless of which autocad dwg is used. I also tried just opening a blank dwg that was just saved with the same result. I tried attaching a dwg to the post, but i get this message upon posting: "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.".

Misha

PS: the file was sent to river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report