Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW with active model, change part in view, dim loss?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ankersen
565 Views, 4 Replies

IDW with active model, change part in view, dim loss?

someone detailed all the prints with the active model set when creating drawing views.  When we make a new part and want to change the model I lose all the dimensions.  Is there any way to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
swhite
in reply to: ankersen

When you say make a new part, do you mean make a new part, or change the old one to the new dimensions?

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

We need more clarity with what you are doing exactly.

There are a lot of vaiables that are unanswered.  You show images of Autocad files (or they look like Autocad files).

Are you dealing with factory files?  If you dramatically change the geometry to the point where dimensions are lost or deleted in the model then yes, they will disapear in the drawing.  If you are just changeing a length persea, then it shouldn't delete automatically.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
harco

If you make a new part even identical in size shape and form Inventor will see it as a different part.

To keep the dimensions for a similar part you need to save a copy as from the original part.

Then replace the model in the existing or copied drawing.

Perform edits after the replacement.

Try to edit but avoid deleting features, as again, even features created identically to delete features will be seen as different to Inventor.

Most dimensions hold with careful editing.

I have come across people who just luuuuv that delete button, ah!!!! sketch 93 and d1437 in a 3 feature part.

Message 5 of 5
ankersen
in reply to: harco

Sorry for the lack of information.

I have an iPart with 3 members, (part1, part2, part3) a drawing for part1.

the drawing view is set to "active model".

When I add to the model "part4", then save a copy of part1 drawing, try to change the member to part4, I lose all dims.

Part is a shaft and each member is just a different length.

I hope this helps.  thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report