Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to have more colors.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mechamania
363 Views, 6 Replies

I would like to have more colors.

Hi

For simple conseptual parts and assemblies, I would like to be able to easily color the parts.

I have found the RAL colors library, but the color palet is still very limitted.

Does anyone know some library that has a more complete palet of colors?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: mechamania

You actually have quite a few colors at your disposal.

If you change your master project to read/write then go to the styles and standards editor you will see color.

Then just add a new color of your choice.

color.JPG

Make sure after you get all of the colors you want to change your master project file back to read only.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
mpatchus
in reply to: Cadmanto

It might be a good idea to create CONCEPTUAL materials with specially assigned colors.

For example:

STEEL - CONCEPTUAL     (LIME GREEN color assigned)

ALUMINUM - CONCEPTUAL   (MAGENTA color assigned)

This way when you want to move a part from CONCEPTUAL to FABRICATION (or whatever), you can simply change the material of the part, and not have to go back and remove color overrides.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 7
mechamania

@chrisB

I use the latest version (2014).

@Cadmanto

I do not like to change the standard libraries. I prefer to override the color just for each part seperately.

@mpatchus

I would like to be able to set a color independant of material. Without changing libraries.

I have a RAL colors library. I can use it to override colors. That is what I want. But the color set is very limitted.

I hoped there is some library with a large color set.

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

The only other method that might work would be to create an iLogic rule that somehow taps into the color pallette and allows you to change it that way.  Other then that I think you are stuck doing it the way that has been suggested.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
cbenner

The color library, I fear, is what it is.  Inventor created all of the style libraries, materials and appearances hoping to give you as many choices as anyone would need.  Too many IMHO, since I barely use a dozen colors myself.  You can apply any appearance in the pallette without modifying your style libraries or changing aprt materials.  Any appearance can be used as a part override, and changed or deleted as it strikes your mood.  Just click the part, click the appearance button and pick from the hundreds (thousands?) available.  Heck, you could make a part look like blue bathroom wall tile if you wanted to.  Smiley LOL

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report