Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-part and work point issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jarends00
368 Views, 5 Replies

I-part and work point issue

First some background on what is going on....I am working on a bunch of sheetmetal doors.  To mount our doors to the hinges, we have slotted holes.  Well, I would like to mate the slotted holes to the hinges in the center of the slot to show what our nominal will be like.  I created a work point (also tried a work axis) in the i-part model, but whenever I insert the different variations of the i-part into an assembly, my work points disappear!  I worked on this for a few hours this afternoon and can not figure it out.  Anyone run into this before?  I really need the work points to mate to in order to show my management what we are going after.  Please help!

Jeremy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
swordmaster
in reply to: jarends00

Hi,

In the ipart table, did you INCLUDE the work feature? if not it will not be available in the factory members

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
jarends00
in reply to: swordmaster

The work points are in the model tree, but when I tried to add them into the important (and editable) values in the part table, Inventor would not let me do so. 

Message 4 of 6
swordmaster

Hi,

Not sure i fully understand what you mean by " but when I tried to add them into the important (and editable) values in the part table, Inventor would not let me do so. ' can you explain further

thanks

Message 5 of 6
jarends00

I missed the tab that allows you to include work points/work axis in the iPart when used in an assembly. 

Thank you for all the help!

Message 6 of 6
swordmaster

No problem.

I have never understood the reasoning for this requirement. In my opinion all user work features should be available in the ipart/iassembly factory members by default

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report