Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help - Knife Blade

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jacob.hawk.fcp
1699 Views, 9 Replies

I need help - Knife Blade

ok so im making a knife and i have the sketch done. i etruded it to 3mm i then put the edge on it on all the sides except for the pointed part it says that the comand is to difficult to do. any help would be greatly welcomed. 

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mpatchus
in reply to: jacob.hawk.fcp

You could create the shape, then use the chamfer tool to apply the desired edges.

Something like this part attached.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 10
EScales

What about this?  I modified your part.

Message 4 of 10
JDMather

First thing I notice is that your sketch is not fully constrained.

Second thing I notice is you have a bunch of repeated dimensions that are not needed. (see attached)Repeated Dimensions.png

Let's start this thing over again from scratch.

Sketch a single line horizontally from the origin over to the right and dimension it 173.015

Attach the file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
EScales
in reply to: JDMather

I noticed the same thing, but didn't want to get into teaching a basic Inventor class.

Message 6 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: EScales

@EScales wrote:

I noticed the same thing, but didn't want to get into teaching a basic Inventor class.

First post by OP - we should get them doing the basic stuff right before they develop bad habits.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
mpatchus
in reply to: JDMather

I couldn't open his part since it is done in 2013.

Wasn't aware that the sketch geometry was unconstrained.  Man Sad

Way to straighten him out JD!

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 8 of 10
jacob.hawk.fcp
in reply to: EScales

hey thanks how did you do this so i know for future sketches?

Message 9 of 10
EScales

Take a look in the browser of the part.  I added Sweep1, Sweep2 and Mirror1, before your Chamfers.  You can see where I created a sketch at the end of the straight portion and swept the triangular portion around the curve to the tip.  I did that twice and then mirrored both of those to the other side.

Message 10 of 10
jacob.hawk.fcp
in reply to: mpatchus

The part attached is mine, but if you look the point it wont come together Jacob Hawk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report