06-01-2011 10:59 PM

Hi guys,

I'm novice in Inventor API.

I have a stuped question:

I see that I get hole diameter in cantimeters:

m_Feature->HoleDiameter->Value

But units are inches:

m_Feature->HoleDiameter->GetUnits();

Units of the document are also inches, and Inventor GUI also displays inches.

So my question - why I get the length in cm? It seems like a bug.

Employee
jeff.pek
Message 2 of 4 (303 Views)

Re: I get Length in cm but Units are inch

06-02-2011 06:19 AM in reply to: timurt

Hi -

This is as designed. The API will always use what it calls "database units" to return (and receive) such values. There are "UnitsOfMeasure" objects available to convert between units and expressions.

For length, cm is always used.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Distinguished Contributor
msklein
Message 3 of 4 (300 Views)

06-02-2011 07:01 AM in reply to: timurt

If this was downloaded then this part was probably made in metric. If someone else at work made the part that did a override and inputted the dim as metric. When creating a feature you can over ride and manually inert any unit of length in the radio button for the dim callout you would like. This allows you to if you are mating two parts one in inches and one in metric to get them to mate without have to convert dim. So you can have a part model with mixed dim's. You're part drawing should come out as all inches if that is what the format is set to. IV is unitless unlike Autocad. 

msk

timurt
Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)

06-20-2011 10:11 PM in reply to: jeff.pek

Ok, I see.

Thanks,

Timur.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube