Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can´t see the whole screen

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
santifis
877 Views, 7 Replies

I can´t see the whole screen

Hi to everybody

Well I have tried with different resolutions, but even with the highest one 1366x768 I can´t see all the panels on the Inventor screens. It´s like my screen is to small to show all the windows inventor has.

How can I solve the problem?

I attach an image to show the problem, I can´t see what´s under the "point alignment" option, I can´t see the "accept" nor "cancel" buttons.

I tried to search on google and here in the forum but I couldn´t find anything, I hope not to ask something has already been asked before.

screen inventor.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: santifis

the system requirements say you need at least a 1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution

system requirements are here: http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/system-requirements/

if your resolution is to small not sure if you can do anything about it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
santifis
in reply to: DarrenP

Ups, I didn´t know that, thank you for your reply. At this moment it´s a nightmare but I have a tip to select the buttons I can´t see, I use the tab button several times and click, sometimes I click cancel, sometimes accept it´s like guessing.

Maybe that helps people with the same problem.

Message 4 of 8
-niels-

Do a google search on "infinite screen", it's freeware that allows for scrolling a virtually larger desktop.

I haven't tried it myself, but maybe it helps.

Otherwise you can always search for other virtual desktop software.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 8
SBix26

Look carefully at your display settings.  Some graphics systems (Nvidia comes to mind) will have settings that allow you to expand your desktop to a larger resolution than the actual screen. The desktop scrolls when your cursor hits the edge of the screen.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@santifis wrote:

..., I use the tab button several times and click, sometimes I click cancel, sometimes accept it´s like guessing.

Maybe that helps people with the same problem.

I used to have that problem in classrooms on data projectors that at the time didn't support high resolution.

My solution was to count the number of tabs needed from a particular location and memorize.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
stephengibson76

or use your video settings to rotate the screen, click ok and then rotate it back

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 8 of 8
santifis
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you to everybody.

FInally I solved the problem changing one of the display options, I had medium display 125%, I changed it to default 100% and now I can see everything, I´m very happy. I didn´t even know that I had the 125 option activated.

Before that I tried windowslider, unfortunately the desktop is infinite only in the left to right direction, but nothing changed in the top to bottom  direction, so it didn´t solve the problem.

I didn´t test the option of rotating the screen since it is solved, sorry.

See you in other threads friends!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report