Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to create a flat pattern out of a curved 3-d solid.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
envention
385 Views, 3 Replies

I am trying to create a flat pattern out of a curved 3-d solid.

Hello,

I have been trying to figure this out for way too long.  I need some help making the attached shape into a flat pattern.  I need it flattened so I can make a fabric pattern for it.  I don't seem to have the proper software??  I have attached the file for Inventor fusion, but I also have the same in Autocad 2013 if that helps.

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: envention

Hi and welcome to the Inventor forum!

Are you trying to create the flat pattern in Inventor, or Fusion?  They are not the same program, and this is the Inventor forum.

I imported your fusion file into Inventor 2014, converted it to a sheet metal part, and it flattened easily.  But I can't tell from your question what software you are using.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 4
envention
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks Cwhetten,

The title of my program on the windows start menu says "Inventor Fusion"  I guess it is a version of autodesk inventor.  I am more familiar with Autocad (2013) so if you save as a DWG that would work for me!

Muchos Gracias

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: envention

Hi! I believe the flat pattern can be done in Inventor. The body has a uniform thickness of 0.125 in and the faces are ellipse. I have tried it on Inventor 2015 and I am able to get flat pattern created. Simply import the attached file via ACISIN command in AutoCAD.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report