Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraulics, Cartridge Cavities , ifeature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
twinz3950
1702 Views, 5 Replies

Hydraulics, Cartridge Cavities , ifeature

I would like to create an ifeature for common hydraulic cartridge  cavities that we use, how ever I am not sure how to go about it. Does any one know if there are any libraries  already with varies cartridge cavities sizes; Or can anyone give advice on how to approach creating such an ifeature.  My company is running Inventor 2012 professional.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: twinz3950

You should be able to extract the items you need to create your iFeature:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2014/Help/1283-Inventor1283/1718-Parts1718/2147-iFeature21...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
Mark.Downes

Hi Twinz3950

We use a bolt on program called MDTools for manifold design.

Easy to use and has a large cavity library, might be worth a look to see if it suits your needs

Cheers

Mark

Inventor 2013

Capture.JPG

Cheers
Mark
Inventor 2018, 3DS Max 2018, Vault 2018
Message 4 of 6
twinz3950

Thank you for you reply.  I can create the base main cartridge cavities with extracting features from my model to create the ifeature; however I would like to take it one step further, Is there any way that I can create the the base cavity feature as well as create the cross drilled ports for the cavities with the same ifeature.  This is the area that I can not figure out.  Ultimately I would like an ifeatue that would create the cartridge cavities and the cross drilled ports.  Is this possible?

Message 5 of 6
blair

I would just ccreate a separate iFeature for the cross hole. You should be able to create a table driven one with the depth as being table driven.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
twinz3950

Thankyou  for your suggestion I will try creating two separate ifeatures.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report