Inventor General Discussion

Employee
henderh
Message 11 of 12 (178 Views)

Re: How to simulate motion-rotation-translation?

09-19-2012 11:25 AM in reply to: cwalker41

Hi cwalker41,

JD is correct, you can use 2D contacts in Dynamic Simulation (which is included in Inventor Professional, which you should have with your Educational license).

However, you could also accomplish what (I think) your're after using assembly contact set and drive constraint.

I created a couple of constraints, one that will keep the shaft hole centered in the slot.  The other mates the axis to a plane with will move the mobile part across the plate.  The second one is the one you drive.

If you open the assembly, right-click on Mate:3 in the browser => Drive constraint => press the play button.

Hope this helps...

Best regards, -Hugh

[Edit: added recording of driven constraint]
NG_cwalker41_drive_me.png

Hugh Henderson
Simulation QA Engineer
DLS
Employee
henderh
Message 12 of 12 (166 Views)

Re: How to simulate motion-rotation-translation?

09-19-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: henderh

I forgot to mention that before you drive the constraint or drag the mobile part, you'll need to activate the assembly contact solver (Inspect tab => Interference panel)

Hugh Henderson
Simulation QA Engineer
DLS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube