Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select single page to print using 1:1 with tiling enabled?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kheist
1354 Views, 8 Replies

How to select single page to print using 1:1 with tiling enabled?

Hello,

I am using Inventor 2011. Is there any way to select a single page to print when plotting 1:1 with tiling enabled? I am attempting to print a drawing of a very large model 1:1 and want to ensure the sheets line up, but need to be able to select and print a single page. Another option considered is to create multiple drawing sheets and line them up by adding some background or tick marks to the model. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: kheist

Not sure I understand the problem.. or your question because it doesn't really make sense.. Why a "single page" stipulation.. 

Obviously if your source is larger than the paper it cannot be printed to scale

If I open a tabloid drawing then simply pick "model 1:1" and "tiling enabled" and print it to a letter size printer it automatically prints registration marks and prints it to scale over 4 sheets..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
kheist
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes, exactly. I can select "model 1:1" and "tiling enabled" to print on 8.5" x 11" sheets. However, my model is so large that I would be printing over 100 pages. If I make a change to only a small portion of the model, I want the ability to print, say, only page 2 of the X number of pages I get in the tiled printout. The purpose is to have a 1:1 representation on a table for assembly.

Message 4 of 9
cwhetten

You could print all of the pages to PDF or other electronic format, and then use the PDF (or other) viewer to select a single page or range of pages to print.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 5 of 9
kheist
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks to all for your help. I did try printing both pdf and xps and it printed 1:1 but the sheet alignment tick marks were not in the same locations as when it was printed from Inventor.

Message 6 of 9
mcgyvr

@kheist wrote:

Thanks to all for your help. I did try printing both pdf and xps and it printed 1:1 but the sheet alignment tick marks were not in the same locations as when it was printed from Inventor.

make sure you have "none" selected for page scaling when you print the PDF.. and a couple other options there that could be messing with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 9
kheist
in reply to: mcgyvr

I guess my pdf writer isn't good enough. I tried to fix the compression/scaling selections, but it did not fix the problem. Any other thoughts?

Message 8 of 9
mrattray

Print to pdf, then do ALL of your actual printing from that pdf. Then there's no inconsistency.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 9
kheist
in reply to: mrattray

Good point! That would work as well as anything. Thanks again to all!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report