Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore or fix default materials and appearances in Inventor Pro 2013?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JimStrenk
3226 Views, 1 Reply

How to restore or fix default materials and appearances in Inventor Pro 2013?

How do I go about restoring, repairing or fixing the default materials and appearances that come installed with Inventor Pro 2013?  I have a stand-alone single seat installation.  SP 1.1 has been installed.

I tried to create a custom library of materials and appearances by making a copy of InventorMaterialLibrary.adsklib and renaming it.  I then added new materials.  Depending on project, I get nag messages regarding template styles in conflict with the library styles.  I'm also getting message warning me that the InventorMaterialLibrary can't get loaded.

It is my intent to create a custom materials and appearances library that mimics the as installed InventorMaterialLibrary plus some additional materials and appearances.  The custom library and appearances need to be available to all NEW projects and MAY be added to existing projects without getting the nag message about style conflicts.

I'm also seeing a behavior where the default appearance changes from standard light gray to the first appearance listed in the Autodesk Appearance Library, the 1.5 inch blue tile.  I suspect that's the reason I'm getting the nag message.  What would cause this to happen?  How do I fix this?  How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

Any tips, suggestion or errata on:

1) Restoring default as installed material and appearance libraries

2) Creating a custom materials and appearance library to contains ALL items found in the InventorMaterialLibrary plus new materials and appearances

3) Preventing nag style conflict messages

4) Preventing the default appearance of light gray to change to the 1.5 inch blue tile

Would be most appreciated!

The machine I'm currently using needs to be ready to go in the morning.

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
4donwan4
in reply to: JimStrenk

Not sure if this post helps or not. I tried to  attach the default design data folder for 2013 but it was too big and the default location is below. Hopefully you can get this from another computer.
1) Restoring default as installed material and appearance libraries
I believe you can just replace the folder for the “Out of Box” design data folder.
%PUBLICDOCUMENTS%\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\
2) Creating a custom materials and appearance library to contains ALL items found in the InventorMaterialLibrary plus new materials and appearances.
Some links on YouTube that some of the Autodesk resellers have posted that should help you.
Migrating Material Styles to Autodesk Inventor 2013 from Previous Versions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDcxvXZq1aQ
Migrating Inventor Styles to Material and Appearance Libraries:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKZMNa0EjU
Migrating Custom Drafting Style to Inventor 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyCkJIaP-F8
Inventor 2013 General Enhancements:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjR6HhEhn4
3) Preventing nag style conflict messages
This is caused by a setting in the project file. There is a setting that states “Use Styles Library = Read Only” or it will state Read Write. You might want read – write so the new styles can update in the file that has the old styles present.
4) Preventing the default appearance of light gray to change to the 1.5 inch blue tile.
These settings are controlled in the Application Options in the Color Tab. You can select what is available in the color Scheme or under Background Image you can choose a file. The Blue tile might be a combination of a blue background with the grid lines and minor grid lines being displayed, also located in the sketch tab of the options.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report