Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a part form a part in an isometric view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Karol-Or
358 Views, 4 Replies

How to remove a part form a part in an isometric view

I order not to hide components, i want to make a break sketch and remove a piece from a part from an assembly in the isometric view in a drawing. can i do that?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Karol-Or

@Karol-Or wrote:

I order not to hide components, i want to make a break sketch and remove a piece from a part from an assembly in the isometric view in a drawing. can i do that?

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but in any given view there are a number of ways to hide a part.  You can use Level of Detail or View Representation in the assembly, and then assign those to a specific view in your drawing.  You can also, in the drawing, find the model in the drawing browser and turn off its visibility in that view.  It all depends on exactly what results you want.  Can you post a shot of an example?

Message 3 of 5
Karol-Or
in reply to: cbenner

I don't want to hide the hole part, i want to "break" it with a broken line and remove the rest

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Karol-Or

I think what you want is a Break Out rather than Break view.

Click on the isometric view.

hit s on the keyboard to start a new sketch in the isometric view.

Sketch a closed spline, circle or some other closed boundary.

Exit the sketch and click Break Out view and then select the spline boundary.

Enter the depth as the thickness of the part (and select point on part to measure the distance).

(One problem is if there is no "airspace" between the part you cut and the parts inside that you want to be visible.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Karol-Or
in reply to: JDMather

I will try, as soon as i finish the assembly, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report