Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce IDW template file size

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
8wr_zj
605 Views, 4 Replies

How to reduce IDW template file size

My template file is large for such a small sheet.  It has become a problem with taking up to much space on our server.  At one time it was around 340 kb.  Then we had an employee make 50 or so sheets by copy and paste of the original template sheet into the template file and save it.  ever since then it has been around 19,000 kb.  I have tries to save copy as, and saave as a templte file. Neither helped. Any help would be greatly appericated.  Its too large to even upload it to the site.

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: 8wr_zj

Can you create a new template from scratch (from the stock template) and use the drawing resource transfer wizard to cop over your customizations?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 5
jletcher

8wr wrote:

Then we had an employee make 50 or so sheets by copy and paste of the original template sheet into the template file and save it.

So are you saying that when you start a new IDW you have 50 sheets in it? That right there would be an issue if so.

I would start by removing 48 to 49 sheets then save back to template..

Do you have any logos in the IDW?

Message 4 of 5
8wr_zj
in reply to: jletcher

mrattray: i will try this at lunch and report back the results.

jletcher: No this employee did this to "help" speed up making new sheets. Never worked with Inventor before and saved it as the new template file. I then went back removed 49 other sheets to have a single sheet. This is when the size of the file jumped to be huge. I do have a small logo. I have had this logo the entire time and the max before this happened was around 340 kb.
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 5 of 5
mrattray

I think idw bloat due to images is a confirmed issue, but I can't find the thread that I think I remember seeing it in.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report