Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put this project in an animation

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Simonpetter
660 Views, 17 Replies

How to put this project in an animation

Hello!

My teammates and I have recieved a project where we are about to put a product into an animation. We've been given instructions to place a flat steelpart on one side and it's suppose to come out as an ideal product on the other. This is just the first step, it all will hopefully be a factory that is fully functional by 1 year from now.

Flat steelpart -----> Being brought into a place where everything is put together -------> The product.

Here's the product:
Koukfarm_Solar_244_x625.jpg

Can anyone give me a tip of how to create an animation when it has to involve bending, constrain etc in the same?  I couldn't find anything on youtube, only how to get things to move forward.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
JDMather
in reply to: Simonpetter

Sounds to me like you might be putting the wagon in front of the horse.

How much training/experience do you have using Inventor?

Let's see how you have done the "wagon" and then we can figure out how to put it all in motion.

Can you attach your assembly of what you have completed so far?

Or at least a part (*.ipt)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 18
Simonpetter
in reply to: JDMather

Namnlös.png

This is how far I have come and as you can see, I've got things moving. But how can I bend the plate during the animation? I went from standard to Sheet metal but it didn't show any significant changes in the Assembly.

Message 4 of 18
Simonpetter

Namnlös.png

I noticed that the picutre was a small so here's another.

Message 5 of 18
JDMather

You will need to Animate Parameter for the radius.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 18
Simonpetter

Thank you so much! It's working perfectly fine now Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 18
Simonpetter

I've been trying to mate X with the side of the bent plate without any progress. What am I missing?

Namnlös.png

Message 8 of 18
JDMather

Post the assembly here.

I would expect to mate the faces and origin workplanes.

EESignature

Message 9 of 18
Simonpetter

Here's the assembly

Message 10 of 18
Simonpetter

I managed to join them by using (mate, flushx2).

Is flush the only tool that can be used to get two items to join each other in an animation (x    y ----> xy)? Let's say that I have flushed two items > changes the flush distance to -10mm > uses animate parameters and sets it to go from -10mm to 0mm. The problem is that I cant use flush+animate paramter if I have combined several contraints for the two items.

Message 11 of 18
Simonpetter

How can I mate these with the plate after that It has been bent in the animation?

Namnlös.png

Message 12 of 18
JDMather

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

EESignature

Message 13 of 18
Simonpetter

I'm sorry, but I don't follow Smiley Indifferent Are you saying that I should include the part files in an assembly together with plate and then combine it with the larger assembly? I tryed that but I found it difficult to get X grounded as I was moving the plate along the "treadmill". I need X  to be "out of the picture" during the bend/flush process and then at last, get it mated with the plate to "complete" the product.

Thanks

Message 14 of 18
JDMather

You posted a *.iam file.

Look at the file size?  See anything unexpected?

An assembly file (*.iam) is nothing more than a record of hyperlinks to where the parts (*.ipt files) are located.

There is no geometry in an assembly - only tells Inventor where to find the parts (on your hard drive).

In order for an *.iam file to rebuild the assembly from the instructions in the *.iam  the *.iam must have access to the part (*.ipt) files.  You did not attach those files here.

You must attach the *.ipt part files here.

EESignature

Message 15 of 18
Simonpetter

Message 16 of 18
Simonpetter

Message 17 of 18
JDMather

Missing OJOJ.ipt and xxx.ipt doesn't have dimensions and almost horizontal line - is that intended?

EESignature

Message 18 of 18
Simonpetter

Ah, maybe thats the problem. I copied the side of the bend plate (the sketch) to ensure that it would fit perfectly...Namnlös.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report