Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place fibers in a matrix

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
olibiakos
457 Views, 7 Replies

How to place fibers in a matrix

Hello Autodesk Community

I have made an analysis at matlab and i have some arrays with the diameter, the place and the orientation of the fibers. I am wondering how i can make the 3d model in autodesk inventor( i have a student license). Can i use a loop of extrusions taking informations(orientation for example) from excel file? Can i do this with macros? I am new here and i dont know if i am writting on the right place. I add a file with the picture from matlab.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: olibiakos

Inventor FEA only does isotropic material analysis.

I assume those fibers would be orthotropic properties.

As student you can download the other Autodesk analysis products for free

http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
olibiakos
in reply to: JDMather

Yes, those fibers are orthotropic material. But for now i want to make a 3d model to run some simulations(as isotropic) to take some usefull conclusions.

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

How much do you know about Inventor modeling?

Model something up, and attach your attempt here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 8
olibiakos

On the last semester i draw a whole gear pump on autodesk inventor. I add the points for the gear from excel. I draw o-rings and general the whole pump. In addition i draw and a manifold for a hydraulic system. I have practised a lot at the main commands of drawing. But on this project this experience is not enough. Maybe i need to use macros but i have never used the before. In addition i have never use before ilogic. This is the reason i write here. If there is someone who can orient me for how can i do this.

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

Sounds like a simple feature pattern would solve the problem, but you have not even provided a picture or hand sketch of a similar product.  More information is needed.

Message 7 of 8
olibiakos

I have already provided a picture on the first post. The position of the fibers is according some distributions. The orientation is according a distribution too so a simple pattern does not help. Thanks for your time.
Message 8 of 8
JDMather

OK, now post a url to a real product of a similar nature to something you are trying to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report