Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass break from sectioned view to separate isometric view?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hhls11
1850 Views, 4 Replies

How to pass break from sectioned view to separate isometric view?

Hi,

I started with a Left side view of a part and created a sectioned view right down the middle so you can see the insides from another view. the part is pretty big so i used a Break to shorten it to fit the page. I also placed a smaller and separate isometric view of the same part and want this view to inherit the same break. How can I do this? If I go into the display options of the iso view, all the cut inheritance options are grayed out and can't be clicked. I've seen this done before, but i'm sure i missed a step somewhere.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Inventor Professional 2021
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: hhls11

Can you post an image representing exactly what you are looking for?

If all you are looking to do is break the iso view just place it and select the break view command and break it.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
hhls11
in reply to: Cadmanto

Here is an example part. You'll see the left side view. I then placed section view A-A to the right of it. I want the isometric view at the bottom to inherit the same break. If I place a break in the iso view like you said, it doesn't come out the way it should. I included a photo of that too.

16GB DDR4 RAM
Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: hhls11

If you did the break after you created the ISO view, you will need to delete the ISO view and create it again. Inventor looks and sees that there are no breaks or slices in the base view, so it creates the ISO view without the option to change it (not sure why, guess if it wasn't there to start with, you aren't going to add it after).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
hhls11
in reply to: blair

I finally figured out how to do it. I made another projected view from the left side view. I then added a break to that right-side projected view and then created an iso view from that. This time the iso view inherited the break. What I was doing before was placing an entirely separate iso view from the "Place Views" tab and trying to get that to inherit the break.

Thanks for your help guys

16GB DDR4 RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report