Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain/display the center of gravity and mass of sub-assembly?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
hajimeml
927 Views, 0 Replies

How to obtain/display the center of gravity and mass of sub-assembly?

Hello. I am using Inventor Professional 2012. I have a complex assembly model made by another person. Is it possible to obtain the center of gravity (COG) and mass of selected sub-assemblies? Can I display the COG as well? Here is a list of two sample cases that I am interested in:

1. Given a dog model, I want Inventor to measure the COG and mass of a selected leg segment for me.

Display the COG as well.

2. Given an dog model, I want Inventor to measure the COG and total mass of the front left leg, back right leg and the tail.

Display the COG of the selected submersibles.

Another issue:

Under the Model Browser on the left, I selected parts/assemblies that I am interested in. Then, I right-clicked and selected "Isolated". The chosen sub-assemblies are displayed. However, when I chose View->Center of Gravity and updated the COG, the Center of Gravity of the entire model, rather than the COG of the selected submersibles, is still displayed.

One more question: Once the COG is obtained, how can I tell the 3D location of the reference point where the COG is measured with respect to? In this example, once Inventor calculated the COG of selected body parts, how do I tell the location of the body part where the COG is measured with respect to.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report