Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Exploded View Trail Lines Exempt from a View Break Out

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
OlliC
905 Views, 4 Replies

How to make Exploded View Trail Lines Exempt from a View Break Out

I have made an explded view and placed it an a drawing. I would like to view inside one of the bodies to help show where the exploded internals sit, however when I do a break out of the body the trail lines from the exploded internals also get sectioned. Is there a way to control the sectional properties of a trail line? So far I havent found one.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
OlliC
in reply to: cbenner

Cheers Chris,

I'm using Inventor 2014.

I've attached a picture, I would like the trail lines to extend up to the O-Ring Grooves inside the body. They do on the presentation model, but get removed during the break-out of the body in the sketch. I've tried moving the O-Rings back before moving them down in the hope that the trail line would be behind the break out limit, this hasn't seemed to work.

Olli

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: OlliC

Hi,... I've been playing with this in 2013 and I haven't seen any real way of changing the way the trail lines display after cutting a section.  I don't use exploded views often, however, so I'm not going to say there ISN'T a way.  Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Message 5 of 5
OlliC
in reply to: cbenner

No worries! Thanks for your reply. I will just sketch them on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report