Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide Content Center Catagories?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lkrenzler
636 Views, 6 Replies

How to hide Content Center Catagories?

We are trying to set up our team so they see only the parts we normally use.  All come from the ANSI library but we don't want all the ANSI stuff.  Is there a way to hide catagories we don't need like Shaft Parts and Sheet Metal and sub catagories like various piping parts?

We tried making our own library called PD and adding what we need to it and then dissabling all the others.  That was good.  However, Bolted Connections will not work even though we added Fasteners to the PD library.

Any way to just dissable or hide parts of the ANSI library or make bolted connections look at the PD library?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bgarden
in reply to: lkrenzler

The method you are using is correct with regards to copying the families you wish to use to your custom library then choosing to only use the custom library in your project.

The bolted connection utility should see the fasteners from your custom library.  

Please ensure the pull down (bottom left hand side in the bolted connection tool, underneath where you choose "termination" etc) for thread is not set to be using ANSI Metric if your library contains only ANSI Unified for example.

I hope this helps.

Brent.

Message 3 of 7
lkrenzler
in reply to: bgarden

Thanks Brent.  I checked that and it is set the way you say.  I tried all the other settings as well but when I click to add a fastener, nothing is there.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 7
bgarden

Can you give an example of an exact family you have copied to your custom library?

Your images show you have bolted connection set to look for ANSI Unified 0.25in threads.   Do you definitely have a fastener of this type and size in your custom library?

Message 5 of 7
lkrenzler
in reply to: bgarden

I copied the entire Fastener catagory which includes that so yes, I'm pretty sure.  I tried setting bolted connection to other settings just to see if they would work but they don't.  Maybe it needs parts from some other catagory?  I can't think what it would be.

If I activate the ANSI library, it works.  I've tried other assemblies/holes/sizes etc. with the same results.

Message 6 of 7
jingyi.liu

Hi,

It should work only include your own library, if you can't select fasterner from BC dialogue, could you try to select one Family and  run "Save Copy As" to your library?

Then try your workflow again, if it works, you can delete the family.

I faced the problem when try your workflow firstly, but after I ran the "Save Copy As", the problem was gone. I suggest you to have a try and please let me know whether it helps or not, I will log it to internal tracking system.

Save Copy As.png 

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 7 of 7
lkrenzler
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Thank you Jingyi, that did work.  I had to do it to each catagory to get them to work though.  Something wrong there...

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report