Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
MicahelASC
Message 1 of 4 (161 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to get parts/assemblies to update inside an assembly

161 Views, 3 Replies
02-03-2014 12:28 PM

I have a large assembly that has lots of parts and assemblies inside it.  I'm trying to set different materials and apperance for it so I can do some rendered images.  Only problem is that when i go to the orignial file to update the apperance of the parts it will not update the apperance inside the large assembly file.

I tried updating the drawing but that doesn't help.  I also tried saving both files, closing them and then reopening the large assembly file and that didn't work either.  

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 4 (155 Views)

Re: How to get parts/assemblies to update inside an assembly

02-03-2014 12:38 PM in reply to: MicahelASC

Hi MicahelASC,

In order to change the appearance, you will need to set a View Representation active in the browser. I suspect that this is what is causing the issue, but I'm only guessing. If this is not the issue, could you provide a screen shot showing the browser for clarification?

About View Representations:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-9A49CDC1-4DC7-4462-81D7-E18B8339DE0F

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Active Contributor
MicahelASC
Message 3 of 4 (144 Views)

02-03-2014 01:00 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I created a new view, how do I tell it to update the apperances I assigned the subassemblies and parts?

Active Contributor
MicahelASC
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

02-03-2014 01:03 PM in reply to: MicahelASC

Just kidding I figured it out.  I had to click remove apperance overrides.

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube