Inventor General Discussion

Petervanh
Message 1 of 5 (755 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to delete unwanted geometry in Inventor

755 Views, 4 Replies
01-28-2013 09:49 AM

I have generated a model but want to get rid of unwanted geometry to clean it up, how do I delete unwanted geometry?

*Pro
sbixler
Message 2 of 5 (721 Views)

Re: How to delete unwanted geometry in Inventor

01-28-2013 05:45 PM in reply to: Petervanh

You'll have to give much more information.  At the very least, pictures/screen shots.  Better to post the actual file and describe what you want to remove, as well as tell us what version of Inventor you're using.  "Geometry" can be a lot of different things.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Petervanh
Message 3 of 5 (699 Views)

01-29-2013 03:21 AM in reply to: sbixler

Sorry Sam, here is an attachment which hopefully will clarify what I am trying to do. There doesn't appear to be a delete option in the toolbar like say autocad, I could used undo if it was the last operation I did but its not so I need to know how to delete historical operations to clean up the model.

regards Peter.

*Pro
sbixler
Message 4 of 5 (692 Views)

01-29-2013 03:53 AM in reply to: Petervanh

Those look like sketch geometry.  If you're sure that they aren't useful, edit the sketch(es) in which they reside, select and delete.  The easiest way to find the sketch is simply to select the element, then right click on it and choose Edit Sketch, or click the edit sketch icon in the mini-toolbar.

If, on the other hand, these are somehow important to the model function, then all you need to do is turn off visibility of the sketch.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Petervanh
Message 5 of 5 (645 Views)

01-30-2013 12:33 AM in reply to: sbixler

Thank you Sam,

Simple when you know how but hard to work out youself, when help doesn't return on 'how to delete unwanted geometry', these are the differences that put Inventor apart from autocad (which i have used for years) even though they are both autodesk products.

regards

Peter.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube