Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
Karol-Or
Message 1 of 4 (269 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to change the section direction

269 Views, 3 Replies
10-16-2013 05:00 AM

In an assembly, i make a half section view, but i want the other side to be seen.

I want only to change the direction of the view, how can i do that?

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 4 (267 Views)

Re: How to change the section direction

10-16-2013 05:07 AM in reply to: Karol-Or

Redefine the section view and while you have the "pull" arrow on the screen, right click and select "Flip Direction".  Looks like once the view is created, redefining it is the only way to flip the direction.  Unless someone else sees something I don't?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Valued Mentor
BLHDrafting
Message 3 of 4 (229 Views)

10-16-2013 04:36 PM in reply to: Karol-Or

The side cut away is always the side closest to that you are viewing it from. Try it out for yourself based on the same plane. Rotate your assy between sectiosn and see that the above is correct.

Interestilgly if you view the assy from the side of the plane (so the plane is just a thin lin), regardless of why way the model is orientated it always cuts away the same side. Interesting, but largely useless info :smileyhappy:

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2013 PDS Premium SP2 Update 3 (Build 200), Vault 2013 Workgroup Update 2 (Build 17.2.9.0)
Valued Mentor
BLHDrafting
Message 4 of 4 (209 Views)

10-16-2013 10:37 PM in reply to: BLHDrafting

Note to self :- must read typing before posting to limit how much of a tool I am. Spelling and punctuation, my english teacher will be turning in her grave. :smileyfrustrated:

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blh.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2013 PDS Premium SP2 Update 3 (Build 200), Vault 2013 Workgroup Update 2 (Build 17.2.9.0)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube