Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to batch plot pdf files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stevec781
3454 Views, 5 Replies

How to batch plot pdf files

We cant get 64 bit printer drivers so we currently print to pdf then plot the pdf files from our 32bit machine.  But its  slow manual process.

Does anyone know of any software out there that will allow us to batch print our pdf files similar to the way task scheduler works?

Thanks

Steve

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
patrick.miller
in reply to: stevec781

Task Scheduler will do this if you have a PDF printer. You can point it to a folder and your PDF printer and go.

Task Scheduler Wiki

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 3 of 6
stevec781

Thanks but the pdf file creation is ok.   I need to now get the pdf files to the paper printer.

Message 4 of 6
patrick.miller

Oh bother. I thought that sounded too easy. Smiley Indifferent

The post below is a bit old, but may be helpful.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/CAD-Managers/Batch-printing-PDF-files/m-p/1093253/highlight/true#M3252...

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 5 of 6
sam_m
in reply to: patrick.miller

plus the task schedule batch plotter can't cope with different sized plots in the same batch, so soon run into problems there....  (unless all your plots are the same paper-size - know mine aren't anyway).

The sooner Inventor uses some kind of plot or sheet profiles with specific printer setups for each page-size the better - without this the batch plotter is frankly next to useless...

(e.g. I use 1 printer for A4 and A3, with obviously different settings there, and another printer for A2 and A1.  Sure if they're all going to pdf it's all the same "plotter" but each sheet needs different pdf settings.)

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 6 of 6
BernardMadoff

select all pdf files

right click

print........................but its very tempremental, sometimes it will work for all your pdf files sometimes it will miss a few randomly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report