Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom factory to Design Accelerator?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
miket
585 Views, 2 Replies

How to add custom factory to Design Accelerator?

So I've been through the whole Component Authoring process with a flat head screw factory I produced in Inventor (2009)... I published that factory to our content center under the Fasteners>Bolts>Countersunk section (talking about the section with the canned parts that come with Inventor now). OK so everything's fine so far...

Now when I try to place a part using content center, I can do that... When I'm using Design Accelerator however, the part that I previously published isn't one of the options... It just doesn't show up in the list of available fasteners. When selecting a part it says, "Please wait while content center data loads," so I was assuming that it was pulling the part information from the Content Center, but if that's the case, why isn't my recently published part showing up??

As an aside, the factory in question is using iMates, but I don't see how that could be relevant. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Loren_J
in reply to: miket

Did you author it before publishing? The Authoring tool adds the information the Bolted Conection generator needs.

LorenJ

Inventor 2011 Pro
Win7 64 SP1
Xeon W3550 @3.07 GHz
ATI FirePro V5700, 8.773.0.0
12 GB RAM
Message 3 of 3
miket
in reply to: miket

Yes. I authored the part prior to publishing it. It shows up in my content center where I submitted it, under Fasteners>Bolts>Countersunk but when using design accelerator, it doesn't show up for some reason.

For the parameters, I added user defined functions so that I had all of the required fields in my ipart table. They don't actually drive the part at all however. I was under the impression that the Category Parameters were only for searching and didn't actually drive part creation.

I've added a copy of the part in question so that anyone interested can interrogate the part and possibly figure out what I've done wrong.

Thanks for the help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report