Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete Origin Indicator?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Infoseeker
15119 Views, 24 Replies

How do you delete Origin Indicator?

This is ridiculous.

Left click + delete does not work.

Right click, no delete option.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
mflayler2
in reply to: Infoseeker

I assume you mean the XYZ triad.

You turn it off in your Application Options.

Display Tab or Sketch Tab depending on which triad you are talking about.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 25
cwhetten

I think you mean for ordinate dimensions in the drawing environment, right?

Right-click the symbol and click on "Hide Origin Indicator".

Origin Indicator.png

Message 4 of 25
Infoseeker
in reply to: cwhetten

I assumed if I have to create/define it, later I can delete it instead of hiding it.

But I can only hide it...

I see...

Thanks.

Message 5 of 25
cwhetten

The view remembers where you set the origin, so if you create more ordinate dims later, they will use the same (hidden) origin.  If you need to change where the origin is, you can drag it to a new place.

If you have decided that you don't want ordinate dims at all in a particular view, you'll just have to hide the origin, since there is no way (that I know of) to delete it.  Or if this really bugs you to have a hidden origin, I guess you could delete your view and re-create it.

Message 6 of 25
mpharr
in reply to: cwhetten

Using 2013 and still no way that I see to delete the origin indicator. First time using this type of dimension and I don't see why there is not an option to delete and replace the indicator instead of moving it. Side note is there any reason that you can't place the origin indicator on an included plane? Don't seem to be able to "snap" to these lines using a section view either. 

Message 7 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: mpharr

Just use "ordinate set" instead of "ordinate" (expand the flyout to find ordinate set)

No need for an origin indicator with that.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 25
jtbuckley1120
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hello, 

This has botherd me for some time... Allot of people do use the ordinat dimension function that creates the origin indicator. I on the other

hand I do not like or use that (the Ordinate dimension set is a much better route for a few reason i need not mention here..) so, as a team member

of several people (most of which who do not even know there are the two ways)  I get a detail to finish.  I want it with the ordinate set... I delete the existing dims that come from a origin point that needs to change in many cases and here needs to be an intersection of a sideview hole centerline and a surface.(which is an intersection that the Indicator will not even attach to) What I end up with is having to make sure that all the ord dims are part of my set so that none of the numbers are using that constantly popping back up indicator that cannot get to the Zero I am using .. (dangereuos and just plain not good)  make it possible to delete.. please..

Message 9 of 25
JDMather
in reply to: jtbuckley1120

@jtbuckley1120 wrote:

Hello, 

...  make it possible to delete.. please..

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/idb-p/v1232

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 10 of 25
suomenvaimennin
in reply to: JDMather

Still in 2016 it can't be deleted and it periodically reappears for no good reason. This a flaw, pure and simple. Fix it!

Message 11 of 25
JDMather
in reply to: suomenvaimennin

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/idb-p/v1232/tab/most-recent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 12 of 25
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

Just updating this post with a correct link to the ideastation post..

Go here to vote to have the ability to delete the origin indicator..

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/origin-indicator/idi-p/6346811

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 13 of 25
mdavis22569
in reply to: mcgyvr

I just up'd it ..

They archived mine ..

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/ordinate-elevation-option/idi-p/6304373

Sucks, as it was needed when working with elevations ... especially waste water plants ....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 14 of 25
patel

Hey

Place one more sketch on the same part drawing then draw simple line on it and move the origin symbol to that line and delete the sktech. I hope it works. 

Message 15 of 25
SBix26
in reply to: patel

Very nice workaround!  Still need to be able to delete the view origin directly, but this works nicely in the meantime.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.2.1 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 16 of 25
mluterman

Genius level right here.

Message 17 of 25

Mark this as solution! thanks

Message 18 of 25
rhasell

Thank you. Very clever workaround.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 19 of 25

Unintuitive workarounds like this are not fixes. This still need to be fixed correctly.

Message 20 of 25
Shawn1000

Bravo! Great work around. I've been looking for a solution for this for many years.  The fact that this issue , which is by far from trivial, and has lingered for so long, is not a good reflection of Autodesk's commitment to Inventor.  Please fix it. This glitch has caused a lot of rework over the many years it's been an issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report