Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I establish what is IN a Content Center Library?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rickduley
377 Views, 2 Replies

How do I establish what is IN a Content Center Library?

I have the ISO Content Center Library installed and I can get things out of it.  Trouble is, I do not know what is in it.  If I search for "circlip" I get zero hits.   "Fastener" finds me roll pins.  What do they put in these libraries?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: rickduley

Go to the "Tools" tab > Content Center Editor - and when the dialog opens, there's a drop-down menu listing all the libraries you have loaded.  The default setting for this says "Merged View".

Pick the drop-down and select say the ISO library.  Now you'll see only those components in the ISO library.  Expand the tree on the left of the dialog box to see all the categories.  I think you'll find circlips under Shaft Parts > Circlips (and there's only one external circlip in the ISO library - ISO464).

Peter
Message 3 of 3
rickduley
in reply to: pcrawley

Thanks pcrawley.

I found it on the "Manage" Tab in 2015

_Adesk_CC_Editor.jpg

and when you open it you need to click the "Tree View" button (1)

_Adesk_Content_Editor.jpg

And I found my 30mm Outside circlip complete with dimensions (2).  It's hard to believe that they only go down to 30mm.  My project needs some 25mm outside circlips.  I'll ask about that in another thread to keep things simple.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report