Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I move a line??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hyu36
2015 Views, 4 Replies

How can I move a line??

Hi there,

I have no idea how to move a line.

For example (Figure 1), I'd like to move a line (red circle) 0.2 inches. But, when I used 'dimensions', I was only able to see a message about 'driven dimension'. What is that and how can I solve my problem?

My design is attached.

Thanks for your helps!

Have a nice day

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: hyu36

Hi Hyu,

i have seen the file and one answer it will not help you a lot. I suggest to pass before on tutorials or manuals, just to clarify the software philosophy and the best workflow with Inventor.

Here you can find some interesting stuff:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

First thing you have to realize is Inventor is not Autocad.  Two completely different programs.  Second, when you are in the sketch, you see that the darker purple lines are that color because they are what Inventor considers as completely constrained.  So, if a line is unattached and not contrained you can just drag it.  If it is constrained you cannot move it at all unless you have a dimension from the desired location to where the line is and all you would do is alter the dimension value.

I would strongly advise look at the tutorials in the program or go to youtube and seek out basic sketching videos.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

It looks like you have created a Hole and now are placing a sketch on the surface of your object in hopes of moving the hole. The easiest would be to open the sketch that the hole is created from and edit it's location there. If you are on Inventor 2015 you can use the Direct Edit function, select the hole and then drag it with the Direction Triads.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
rhasell

Hi Mate

As discussed earlier, run through the help files and tutorials as the sketches have all been damaged.

There are a lot of Unresolved References in your sketches.

- Did you create some geometry, project it and then delete the original?
 As mentioned previously, this is not like AutoCAD, do not delete any construction geometry after you have used it. (When you become more familiar with the software, then you can delete any unused geometry)

The direct answer to your question:

The Line in question has been Constrained to the "Missing Projected geometry” As soon as you delete all the Corrupted projected Geometry. (Purple Lines and points) you will be able to re-dimension and constrain your sketch.

I have just answered your direct question, but I strongly advise going through the tutorials.

Original:

example1.JPG

Repaired Sketch

example2.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report