Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I convert a subassembly constraint into a Showcase behavior?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sergio_duran
710 Views, 4 Replies

How can I convert a subassembly constraint into a Showcase behavior?

Hi Autodesk team,

One of the enhancements in 2013 is that users can send models to Showcase and convert constraints into animated behaviors, however, some users wonder if there is any way to select constraints which are within the subassemblies instead of the top assembly, how would you do it?

I have selected constraints in subassemblies but they don't become behaviors. The workflow allows users to select them, but they aren't converted into behaviors.

I'd appreciate if you can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: sergio_duran

I have never used Showcase, but have you set the subassemblies to Flexible in the main assembly? (you left out this information)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
sergio_duran
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for your reply,

It does not work anyway. The option "Drive Constraint" doesn't appear if you right click on any subassembly regardless of having flexible on/off

Message 4 of 5
liang_chen
in reply to: sergio_duran

Showcase does not support convert the constraints of subassembly as animation behaviors during translation, and only support convert the drive constraints in top assembly.

The enhancement of Inventor that send file to showcase follows the showcase behavior above. It could be a bit trick that another types of constraints can be selected in UI, but not become animation behaviors after translation.

I have reported this issue to internal team for investigation.

Thank for reporting this issue to us:)

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
sergio_duran
in reply to: liang_chen

Thanks Fred for your reply!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report