Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix - Center of Gravity calculated incorrectly

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 3 of 8
skyngu
1295 Views, 7 Replies

Hotfix - Center of Gravity calculated incorrectly

hi,

anyone knows what is incorrect? thanks

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18781724&linkID=9242019

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
skyngu
in reply to: skyngu

hi,

please check link below

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18781724&linkID=9242019

why do we have this hotfix? what was wrong? I am just curious. I didnt pay attention to CG untill this hotfix is out.

thanks.

Message 2 of 8
skyngu

any staff from autodesk can reply on this? I assume that they have the answer. thanks

Message 4 of 8
bobvdd

This 2010 fix corrects the position  of the COG in a drawing of a derived weldment assembly.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 5 of 8
skyngu
in reply to: bobvdd

thanks

it will be nice that autodesk puts down changes in the hotfix in the future.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Always read the "readme" it was right there.

Description of the Issue

Center of Gravity calculated incorrectly

This hotfix should only be applied to systems directly affected by the issue described above, as this was the only issue this hotfix was created to address.

Message 7 of 8
skyngu
in reply to: Anonymous

bobbi-mcam,

I read the hotfix and ask question here. it took like few days to get reply from autodesk staff. thanks anyway.

Description of the Issue

Center of Gravity calculated incorrectly

what does it mean to you? all inventor parts and assembly's center gravity calculation is incorrect???? everything we have done is WRONG???? do i need to open all parts and assemblies i have done in order to fix issue???? we have all x, y and z for CG. do i need to update all????

according reply above, it is sth like drawing of weldment assembly only. hopefully that is only one.

Message 8 of 8
bobvdd

jcneal,

You are reading too much in this hotfix.

The hotfix should only be installed if you use a very special workflow that applies to a minority of the users (< 1%).

If you use in your assemblies sheet metal parts that are converted from regular parts or if you use regular parts converted from sheet metal, the COG might be incorrect in the drawing.

And the second condition of course is that you display the COG in the drawing view by using the "Center of gravity" context menu.

You can always compare the COG recovered in a drawing view with the COG coordinates in the assembly, if you have any doubt about the accuracy of your existing drawings and if you want to know if you need to apply the hotfix or not:

To display the COG in the assembly , use View > Visibility > Center of Gravity

To obtain the COG coordinates, use the measure distance tool on the COG glyph or use the iProperties.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report