Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Keys Not Working Inventor 2012 SP1

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ComputerGuru666
2172 Views, 11 Replies

Hot Keys Not Working Inventor 2012 SP1

We are currently running Autodesk Inventor 2012 after loading SP1 on all 15 systems a few days ago I have come across an Issue on one of the computers. The keyboard shortcuts such as "Ctrl + ]" to turn on and off origin work planes or "Crtl + N" for creating new file have stopped working. The only way to get them to work again is to reset all keys close Inventor and re open it however even after that, while  working they will just "magically" stop working again. This all started after loading SP1 and its only on 1 of the 15 computers. This computer was 1 of 2 computers that had the same custom user settings and custom keyboard shortcut settings on it when SP1 was loaded while the other 13 computers were running Autodesk default settings. Which leads me to believe that this might be the cause however the second computer with the same settings as the computer with the problems is having no problems. If someone has any idea on what the problem could be and how it can be fixed that would be great. We are not using vault, we work across network all files are stored on a server different job folders are accessed by selecting the jobs project file (.ipj) in inventor.

Thank you

Computer Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme x79 Socket 2011

Processor: Intel Core i7 Six Core Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz OCed to 4.7GHz (Under Water)

RAM: Kingston Hyper-X 32 gig of RAM 1800MHz OCed to 2133MHz

Video Card: Nvidia SuperClocked Geforce GTX 560 Ti 

Primary Drive:  OCZ Vertex III 120 GB Solid State Drive

Secondary Drive: Western Digital 500 GB 7200rpm H.D.D.

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit) Pro. SP1, Inventor 2014 Pro, 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator (Driver 3.15.2)
Processor: Intel Core i7 Six Core Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz OCed to 4.7GHz (Under Water)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw Z-Series 32 gig quad channel of RAM 1800MHz OCed to 2133MHz
Video Card: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Running Six (6) Monitors)
Monitors: [Primary = 2x 24in HD WS][Secondary = 2x 22in HD WS][Tertiary = 2x 19in FS]
Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex IV 256 GB Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex III 120 GB Solid State Drive
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
blair
in reply to: ComputerGuru666

Possible a bad/corrupt user account on the machine. Can you try logging in to the machine with a different user name and see if the problem persists.

There also is a post active by another user with IV2011 a few lines  down from this post.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 12
ComputerGuru666
in reply to: blair

Logging on as another user does indeed fix the problem. The question becomes how to fix the settings for the user of this computer?

FYI:

Also Computer specs were a little off regarding the RAM brand. I made the fix and added this to my signature which now reflects the proper Computer specs.

Thank you

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit) Pro. SP1, Inventor 2014 Pro, 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator (Driver 3.15.2)
Monitors: [Primary = 2x 24in HD WS][Secondary = 2x 22in HD WS][Tertiary = 2x 19in FS]
Message 4 of 12
blair

Delete user and re-add on the machine.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
ComputerGuru666

Deleting the user did not solve the problem. Any other suggestions?

Computer Specs:
Message 6 of 12
blair

Did you delete all the related User Account Profile files on the machine as well, or just the User from the Control Panel.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 12
ComputerGuru666

Yes I deleted all the related User Account Profile files including those in the registry.

Computer Specs:
Message 8 of 12
blair

What happens if you revert your system settings to back to default hardware settings and not overclocked?

Other than that I am at a loss.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 12
msmaxwell

I occassionaly have the same issue on my machine running INV2012 as well, but I haven't figured out how to duplicate the problem yet. I've tried not to leave multiple files open simultaneously in Inventor & haven't experienced the issue as often ... but like I said ... I'm still fishing for an exact answer myself.

Mike Maxwell
----------------
Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certifed Associate
Message 10 of 12
llee

I'm experiencing the same problem, although my issue is very consistent, and on both my desktop and laptop (both Win7-64 machines). 

None of my <ctrl>-key commands work (in Inventor only, works in other programs, even while Inventor is open).

They never did work on on the desktop which was installed w/ SP1 on the initial install.

Then they quit working immediately after installing SP1 on the laptop.

I created another user account on the desktop machine, and the keys worked briefly as that user - but then ceased functioning after a few minutes.

It's a very aggravating problem, as I constantly use these *basic and universal* commands - much quicker & ingrained muscle-memory vs. mousing/menu buttons.

Any possible resolution or hotfix to this?

Message 11 of 12
kedar83

Hello!

I'm using Autodesk Inventor 2012 as a part of Product Design Suit 2012 (W7 x64)

After installing Maintenance update SP1 (Autodesk Inventor 2012 - Cumulative SP1 x64) all the keyboard shortcut & alias are disabled.

Please help.

With regards

Kedar

Message 12 of 12
QuasiMojo
in reply to: kedar83

This has been a tedious problem that I've been having for quite some time, too.  The keyboard shortcuts just stop working with no obvious reason.

To suggest deleting user accounts is no solution, Autodesk needs to fix their code.

Inventor 2012 current version, W7 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report