Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole patterns with iLogic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ClintWestwood
856 Views, 2 Replies

Hole patterns with iLogic

Hi, I am using iLogic to create two different sets of holes on a rail. 

The first set of holes is a rectangular pattern. The number of instances of the pattern is determined by the overall length of the pattern. The holes are evenly spaced across the entire rail.

The second set of holes consists of two holes, spaced 1/3 of the total length from the ends of the part.

As I am testing my rule, I am noticing that occasionally my holes will interfere with each other, since parts of both sets are inline with each other.  

Is there a way I can use iLogic or some other inventor tool to prevent this interferance? 

Inventor 2014
HP Pavilion dv6t-6b00
Intel Core i7 2670QM
AMD Radeon HD 6490M
16gb RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
3Dconnexion SpaceExplorer
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mrattray
in reply to: ClintWestwood

Welcome to the forums.
Please be sure to post your Inventor version when you start a thread, especially when there are attached models involved. That way nobody has to waste time trying to open files from a version newer than theirs. (Your files are 2014, I'm still on 2013)
Likely there is something we can do about this. What would you like to have the rule do if the holes do come into interference, and how close is too close? If they're .001 inch apart, I assume that's not OK.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 3
ClintWestwood
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks for the quick response and filetype advice. 

The Holes are .39" diameter, and I would say that a 0.75" minimum spacing would be ideal. 

I will include an image of my part so that you can see it. 

Thanks again

Inventor 2014
HP Pavilion dv6t-6b00
Intel Core i7 2670QM
AMD Radeon HD 6490M
16gb RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
3Dconnexion SpaceExplorer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report