Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole depth fix Inventor 2012

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Miwa75
641 Views, 12 Replies

Hole depth fix Inventor 2012

Hi

I didn´t like when the hole command was through all as default and was happy when it came a fix (DL17148478). But now when i choose the hole command and write 11 I have to write 111, then it displays 11, same thing when I want to write 13 I have to write 113 to get it right. It seems like it always takes away the first digit. Any one else having this problem and is it possible to fix? We are 9 people here and all of us has this problem.

/ Mikael

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: Miwa75

Hi Miwa75,

I have tried to reproduce this issue, but I am not seeing the same behaivor as you have reported. Would it be possible to post an image/video that may help me reproduce this problem here ? My environment is Win 7 64 OS, Inventor 2012 +SP1. Do you patch the Inventor 2012 SP1, if not, you can install it from here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17534725&linkID=9242019 for double check.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 13
guido_66
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

I have noticed exactly the same behaviour. 2012SP1 with Win7-64. I think the problem wasn't there before and that it was introduced with SP1.

When editing a hole the first digit typed disappears when I type the second digit.

Message 4 of 13

Sounds like the same issue as the fillet command after 2012SP1 is installed

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inv-2012-SP1-Data-Entry-in-Old-Dialogs/m-p/3140838/h...

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 5 of 13
guido_66
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

Strangely enough I cannot reproduce this issue when editing a fillet. How can it affect the hole command on one installation and the fillet command on another?

Message 6 of 13
Martin_Goodland
in reply to: guido_66

Just tried the hole command on 2012 RTM and got the same problem as you in that the first character is overtyped. I don't have a machine with SP1 installed here but it looks like SP1 fixes the hole command but breaks the fillet command ?

Are you using SP1 ?

Regards

Martin 

Inventor 2023
Message 7 of 13
Miwa75

I installed the hole fix on inventor with no sevicepack and got the problem with the hole digits (not on the fillet). Then I installed sp1 and the problem with the holes is still a problem (no problem with fillet or chamfer)

Message 8 of 13
sysh

This is a known issue. And it was already under investigation. 

Thanks,

Message 9 of 13
Martin_Goodland
in reply to: sysh

This was fixed by Hotfix DL17804875 for 2012 SP1.

I have installed SP2 and it is broken again. I have to type the first number in the hole prompt twice as the first character is over typed.

Is anyone else seeing this as well ?

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 10 of 13
tlebrun
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

* BUMP *

I have a co-worker with the EXACT same problem.  (both before, and after installing SP2)

Windows 7 64bit SP1

Inventor 2012 SP2

When editing the depth of a hole in an .IPT file, the 1st character you type is auto-highlighted.  Typing anything after wipes out the 1st character.   "1.25" becomes ".25",  ".375" becomes "375"

Anyone have a better hot-fix than "Hit the right arrow key"  ?

Message 11 of 13
mrattray
in reply to: tlebrun

Are you using the marking menu to access the command?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 13
tlebrun
in reply to: mrattray

I'm right clicking on the feature within the browser bar; "edit feature"

This is Inventor 2012 Premium, not Ultimate.

Message 13 of 13
tlebrun
in reply to: mrattray

Not sure what the "making menu" is. I'm right clicking the feature in the browser bar to "edit feature"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report