Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole View Table

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
zetex
316 Views, 5 Replies

Hole View Table

Hi, I have a punched part but in the drawing cannot insert a hole view table with the punched features. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: zetex

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless the feature is created with the "Hole" command it's the only way to get the Hole Table to work. Even if you create a round cut using the Cut/Extrude command, they won't end up in the Hole Table. You will have to create a Feature Table manually, which really sucks if you change the model parameters. Thought I could trick IV by creating holes before the Punch Feature in the Model Tree and use the locations for the table but IV didn't fall for it.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
zetex
in reply to: blair

Strange enough that on a older version drawing I could see a hole table with similar punch features and also the IV help side says that the punch iFeatures have to come in a hole view table(the standard coloumn tabel indicates also to punch created table)....

Message 4 of 6
blair

Something must have gotten stripped off, I'm on IV2015

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The workflow is not as straight forward as it could be. The workflow has not been changed. You need to do the followings.

1) The view must be based on flat pattern, not folded model. You need to recreate the base view in the drawing.

2) Check "Recover Punch Center" option in the Base View dialog.

3) Hole Table -> Hole (View) -> pick a point on the view to place the origin -> pick a place for the table. The table will look empty because Punch centers are not captured by default.

4) Double-click on the table -> Options -> check "Punch centers" in Included Features -> OK.

5) If you always want to include "Punch centers" in the hole table, you can go to Manage -> Styles Editor -> Hole Table -> Options and change the defaults there.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
zetex
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks John. The mark on punch centres made the whole difference. But why I get not in the table the punch ID tag? How can I bring it on? Can I edit it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report