Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Chart Dim Control

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sw_convert
482 Views, 5 Replies

Hole Chart Dim Control

Greetings All,

Question:  Is it possible to control the Hole Dimensions called out on the Hole Chart?  As in controling leading/trailing zeros for main hole dim, alt home dim and tolerances?  Can you combine the Main Dim with the Alt dim in a single column, separated with parentheses? (same with tolerance?)

Thanks  🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sw_convert
in reply to: sw_convert

I probably should mention that I would normally live with something like this, but the engineering manager hates leading zeros with a passion.

I've looked everywhere I know to look and spent a few hours doing so.  Hole Chart styles manager, Global Settings, Local Settings, up and down the styles manager all followed by a styles update (just in case), and all yielded no results.

Message 3 of 6
sw_convert

I really need help on this one guys.  I realize this seems relatively trivial compared to many of the issues that arise on a daily basis.  Even suggestions of where else I can look would be helpful.  I've found nothing on the internet, so this is my last resort for the most part.

Help?

Thanks for ANY help you can offer on this one.  🙂

DJD

Message 4 of 6
sw_convert

Ok after days of struggling.... I found the answer!

For those unknowing:

Right click on the chart and select "Edit Hole Table"

then select "Formatting Table"

In the "Column Settings" box you'll see a column with the heading, "Property"

Right click on any of the column choices which yields a number value and select "Format Column"

There are two inconspicuous buttons, hold the mouse over them and you'll see "leading zeros" and "trailing zeros"

Click either one to suppress of unsupress the zeros.

A little challenging to find, but I'm just glad I was finally able to figure it out.

Message 5 of 6
SBix26

And of course you want to make this change to the Hole Table style in your Style Library (and update your templates) so it applies to all future documents.

Message 6 of 6
sw_convert
in reply to: SBix26

Indeed good sir..... already done! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report